OPW Kilkenny Castle is delighted to welcome and host a wonderful array of Kilkenny Arts Festival 2018 events at both The Parade Tower and Castle Park. The Festival is one of the annual highlights in the events calendar of the Castle, which will run from Thursday 9 to Sunday 19 August throughout the City.
Included in the ‘spoken word programme’ at The Parade Tower is as follows:
- Three historical talks on ‘Two Irish Titans’ – Wellington and O’Connell
- A Kilkenny Big House Childhood with Caroline and Jane Blunden and Revolutionary Kilkenny with Eoin Swithin Walsh continue this historical theme
- Poet in Residence – Eavan Boland – will be introduced by Maureen Kennelly
- Creative Visions for Kilkenny on Saturday 11 August should prove very interesting – Architects Sheila O’Donnell & John Tuomey
- ‘Diplomacy in the Age of Trump’ with Anne Anderson (former Ambassador to US, UN & EU) –
- Brexit: What Next? with Denis Staunton (London Editor of the Irish Times)
- Thomas Kilroy (one of Ireland’s greatest living playwrights) in conversation with Olivia O’Leary
- Homer Today: Greek Culture Through the Ages – Lydia Koniordou (Culture Minister of Greece)
The Castle Park will host fourteen shows during the Festival by Loosysmokes – ‘The Lightkeepers’ Last Stand (World premiere / Festival Commission), which will feature surreal acrobatics, madcap comedy and breathtaking stunts.
- The magnificent Rose Garden of the Castle will be one of the locations for a number of the ‘Secret Garden Music’ events also….
Please visit Kilkenny Arts Festival for the complete programme of events throughout the City – https://www.kilkennyarts.ie/content/files/Kilkenny_Arts_Festival_2018_Programme.pdf