From Medieval Castle to one of the most popular visitor attractions in Ireland. Kilkenny Castle and grounds have experienced many transformation over the centuries.
This talk will focus on the changes made since the 17th century to the area known today as the Rose Garden.
From French influenced changes made by the 1st Duke of Ormonde to more recent remodelling, Marie O’Driscoll, OPW, will discuss the evolution of our beloved Rose Garden.
- The talk will be conducted outdoors.
- Meeting point at the fountain in the Rose Garden of Kilkenny Castle.
- Please wear appropriate clothes and footwear.
- The event is free of charge but registration is necessary as number of places are limited.
- To reserve your place contact :Bookingskilkennycastle@opw.ie
- This event is weather dependent.