The lives of the last Marquesses of Ormonde span a period of over a hundred years, from 1870’s to 1970’s.
During this period, Kilkenny Castle was sporadically used as a family home as the Butlers spent increasingly more time in England.
Seán Hackett, OPW, will introduce some of the lesser known members of the Butler family and provide glimpses into their social world and the changes in the family fortunes.
- The talk will be conducted outdoors.
- Meeting point at the family cemetery on the grounds of Kilkenny Castle.
- Please wear appropriate clothes and footwear.
- The event is free of charge but registration is necessary as number of places are limited.
- To reserve your place contact :Bookingskilkennycastle@opw.ie
- This event is weather dependent.