Kilkenny Castle is without a doubt one of the most beautiful castles in Ireland and a truly iconic and unforgettable setting for your ‘special day’. Situated in the centre of Kilkenny City, it stands in 50 acres of rolling parkland, with mature trees and an abundance of wildlife and includes a formal terraced rose garden, woodlands and lake. There are two areas within the Castle’s Parade Tower wing (west wing) that are dedicated to both civil and humanist wedding ceremonies. The Parade Tower and The Duchess Boardroom can be transformed into the most stunning and exclusive of wedding venues. The Parade Tower can facilitate up to 120 guests, whilst The Duchess Boardroom is more suited to smaller intimate ceremonies of up to 25 guests. Both areas are available for hire for civil wedding ceremonies (Monday to Friday inclusive) and humanist wedding ceremonies (Monday to Sunday inclusive).
Civil wedding ceremonies
- Please liaise directly with the Registrar of Marriages. For your local civil registration service please visit https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/find-a-civil-registration-service/
- For Kilkenny contact Barbara Foley, Executive Registrar. +353 56 7784708 / BarbaraW.Foley@hse.ie
- Civil Registration Service, Community Care Centre, James Green, Kilkenny, R95 RP26
Humanist wedding ceremonies
- Please visit Humanist Association of Ireland at www.humanism.ie to contact a celebrant (legal solemniser)
- Please liaise directly with your local Registrar of Marriages.
Should you choose to hold your wedding ceremony at Kilkenny Castle, you will be given the full support of our experienced and dedicated events team, who will arrange viewings and liaise regularly with you in agreeing all the finer details.
- Full setting of both rooms in theatre style
- Top table with white table cloth
- White chair covers
- Red aisle carpet
- AV Technician
- Full audio visual services
Outdoor Wedding Photography
If you are not getting married at the Castle but would like to have your wedding photography taken on the grounds of the Castle, please fill in the form below
Wedding Permit and FAQs (PDF)
and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kilkenny Castle’s events office – email@example.com – to arrange a viewing and a potential date.