Kilkenny Castle Terms & Conditions
Tour Operators & Groups
To ensure smooth operation and an enjoyable visit for all, please note the following terms and conditions for all group visits:
- All groups of more than 6 pax must contact our booking team either by phone:
00 353 (0) 46 9423010 or email: email@example.com .
- Group bookings should be made at least 2 weeks in advance of visit and re-confirmed by phone to 00 353 (0) 46 9423010 at least 48 hours in advance of visit.
- The maximum size of a group inclusive of group leaders is 25 people. For groups in excess of 25 people multiple time slots must be booked.
- Group bookings are not permitted online and must be done by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to respect the online booking requirements will result in admission being refused and tickets will not be refunded, as per our online terms and conditions. Abuse of the online booking system may also affect your ability to make future bookings
- A request for booking does not qualify as a firm booking.
- There are limited guided tours timeslots available to groups, and will be pending availability and must be requested and confirmed prior to date of visit. Groups of 10 or more will be allocated a specific timeslots. Groups under 10 will be added to public tours.
- Parts of the Castle may not be suitable for people with limited mobility. If you have any concerns, please contact us before visiting.
- Late cancellations will affect future bookings.
- Bookings can only be cancelled or amended by the company’s booking office.
- Access to rooms and opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- In the event of severe weather warning/exceptional events, Kilkenny Castle & Park reserve the right to close at short notice. Site closures will be announced on social media and our web site email@example.com, it is the responsibility of the tour operators to ensure the site is open for business prior to arrival.
- Payment is due on arrival. The tour leader may pay by cash, credit card or OPW approved voucher at the Ticket desk. Failure to present a methods of payment prior to commencement of visit, will result in admission been refused. New tour operators wishing to be included on the voucher scheme should contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we are not in a position to store and/or print vouchers on behalf of Tour operators/ Tour leaders.
- To avail of the group rate, payment must be made in one transaction. Group rate applies to groups of 20 people upwards, unless company is part of the OPW tour operator voucher scheme.
- Group leaders should advise the Castle of any possible delay on the day. The Castle reserves the right to reschedule a visit if the group arrives late for their allocated time.
- On arrival, the group leader only must check in at our Ticket. Please ensure the group is gathered in the Castle courtyard and ready to begin their visit at their allocated timeslot but away from the Front Door so as not to block the Castle’s main entrance for other visitors entering or leaving. Please note that it is also an emergency evacuation exit.
- Castle Staff will collect the group and its leader(s) from the Courtyard when the time comes to visit the Castle
- Toilet facilities on site are limited and access may be subject to long queues.
To ensure that all our visitors are enjoying Kilkenny Castle we are asking for the full cooperation of Tour Leaders regarding the following guidelines:
- In the interest of Health & Safety on site, all visitors including couriers must abide by the Castle Staff’s instructions
- The courier and the group must follow the designated tour route unless instructed otherwise by a member of our staff
- Self-guided and Guided Tours routes may be altered at any time for operational reasons
- Self-guided visits begin on the ground floor and will take in the Period Rooms and our new Exhibition Rooms located on the Blue Corridor and also the Ros Tapestries Exhibition located on the Kitchen Corridor.
***Please note: only OPW Kilkenny Castle staff member have speaking rights and are permitted to address groups.
- The 45 minutes timeline of the self-guided visits is to be respected (as per Terms & Conditions of the OPW Tour Operator Scheme)
- Guided Tours for group must be requested and confirmed prior to date of visit. The Guide Tours include exclusive access to the Medieval Foundations, the West Tower and the Ducal Palace Exhibition.
- Please allow more time if your leader/courier is translating, all guided tours are in English only.
- Emergency evacuation routes and viewing areas are not blocked by the group
- Individual visitors are not obstructed by the group
- Ensure that you or your group do not handle collections/OPW property
- Ensure that you or your group do not enter roped off areas
- Food, drink and chewing gum are not permitted inside the Castle.
- As part of the Kilkenny Castle Child Protection Policy persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- OPW staff will treat all customers with respect and dignity and our customers are requested to treat staff and other visitors in a similar manner.
- The OPW reserves the right to withdraw services to anyone who engages in abusive behaviour towards our staff and/or visitors.
In order to protect our collection we kindly ask visitors to prepare for their visit and do not bring large bags to Kilkenny Castle. Booked groups will not be permitted to visit the period rooms with backpacks.
****Please note there a no storage facilities on site for groups.